The Year End Appeal for the Portland Community Free Clinic is underway! This is our most ambitious annual fundraiser for the Friends of the PCFC and this year is no exception. We have a goal to raise $65,000 by December 31, 2019–this is about 50% of the annual budget for the PCFC. Money raised from the Year End Appeal sustains us throughout the year.
The Census Bureau recently reported that the number of uninsured adults in the US rose by 1.9 million people last year, the first increase in over a decade. Maine mirrors this number. These are the people served by the PCFC.
- Who are the people without health insurance? Our friends and community members working in the food service industry, in hotels, as artists, small business owners, and taxi drivers.
- Where do they go for care? The Portland Community Free Clinic.
- Who provides the care? Over 100 volunteer doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, counselors, social workers and clerical staff.
- What is the annual budget? $130,000, which supports 4 part-time paid staff.
- How many people does the PCFC serve? Approximately 400 patients per year are seen in more than 1000 visits.
The PCFC is small but mighty, guaranteeing a vital healthcare safety net for the greater Portland area by providing essential primary care.
Donations of any amount are welcome and gratefully appreciated. You may donate online with a credit card. The site is secure and your information is encrypted then destroyed–we never see your credit card number. Perhaps you will consider a monthly recurring donation to make your money go farther? Click here for that option.
The PCFC is sort of an old-fashioned place–anyone who has seen our “electronic medical record” knows what that means! So, if you are an old-fashioned person and would prefer to pay with a check, that’s fine too. Please make it payable to the Friends of the Portland Community Free Clinic and send to:
Friends of the Portland Community Free Clinic
10A Beach Street, Suite 2
Portland, ME 04101
Questions? Need more information? Contact us directly and we will be in touch.
Thank you in advance for your donation!